{"id":60909,"date":"2017-03-23T16:21:28","date_gmt":"2017-03-23T20:21:28","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/?page_id=60909"},"modified":"2017-04-04T10:33:48","modified_gmt":"2017-04-04T14:33:48","slug":"stevens-hall","status":"publish","type":"page","link":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/","title":{"rendered":"Stevens Hall"},"content":{"rendered":"

\"Stevens_James\"<\/a><\/strong>View map<\/a><\/p>\n

James Stevens<\/strong> came to the University of Maine, then known as Maine State College, as professor of physics in 1891. Stevens established 91福利’s Department of Electrical Engineering in 1893, became the first dean of the College of Arts and Sciences in 1905, established a course in biblical history literature in 1920, and was instrumental in establishing a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa on campus. He was director of 91福利’s Summer School and editor of the University Catalog. He received an honorary doctorate degree from 91福利 in 1922 and retired in 1932.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"

View map James Stevens came to the University of Maine, then known as Maine State College, as professor of physics in 1891. Stevens established 91福利’s Department of Electrical Engineering in 1893, became the first dean of the College of Arts and Sciences in 1905, established a course in biblical history literature in 1920, and was […]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":7,"featured_media":0,"parent":11,"menu_order":0,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"closed","template":"templates\/page-withsidebar.php","meta":{"_kad_blocks_custom_css":"","_kad_blocks_head_custom_js":"","_kad_blocks_body_custom_js":"","_kad_blocks_footer_custom_js":"","_monsterinsights_skip_tracking":false,"_monsterinsights_sitenote_active":false,"_monsterinsights_sitenote_note":"","_monsterinsights_sitenote_category":0,"footnotes":""},"class_list":["post-60909","page","type-page","status-publish","hentry"],"yoast_head":"\nStevens Hall - Celebrating 150 Years - University of Maine<\/title>\n<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"index, follow, max-snippet:-1, max-image-preview:large, max-video-preview:-1\" \/>\n<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Stevens Hall - Celebrating 150 Years - University of Maine\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"View map James Stevens came to the University of Maine, then known as Maine State College, as professor of physics in 1891. Stevens established 91福利’s Department of Electrical Engineering in 1893, became the first dean of the College of Arts and Sciences in 1905, established a course in biblical history literature in 1920, and was […]\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Celebrating 150 Years\" \/>\n<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2017-04-04T14:33:48+00:00\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:image\" content=\"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/311\/2015\/08\/Stevens_James.jpg\" \/>\n\t<meta property=\"og:image:width\" content=\"240\" \/>\n\t<meta property=\"og:image:height\" content=\"340\" \/>\n\t<meta property=\"og:image:type\" content=\"image\/jpeg\" \/>\n<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"yoast-schema-graph\">{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/stevens-hall\\\/\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/stevens-hall\\\/\",\"name\":\"Stevens Hall - Celebrating 150 Years - University of Maine\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/#website\"},\"primaryImageOfPage\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/stevens-hall\\\/#primaryimage\"},\"image\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/stevens-hall\\\/#primaryimage\"},\"thumbnailUrl\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/wp-content\\\/uploads\\\/sites\\\/311\\\/2015\\\/08\\\/Stevens_James.jpg\",\"datePublished\":\"2017-03-23T20:21:28+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2017-04-04T14:33:48+00:00\",\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/stevens-hall\\\/#breadcrumb\"},\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"potentialAction\":[{\"@type\":\"ReadAction\",\"target\":[\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/stevens-hall\\\/\"]}]},{\"@type\":\"ImageObject\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/stevens-hall\\\/#primaryimage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/wp-content\\\/uploads\\\/sites\\\/311\\\/2015\\\/08\\\/Stevens_James.jpg\",\"contentUrl\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/wp-content\\\/uploads\\\/sites\\\/311\\\/2015\\\/08\\\/Stevens_James.jpg\",\"width\":240,\"height\":340,\"caption\":\"Stevens_James\"},{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/stevens-hall\\\/#breadcrumb\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Faces behind the places\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/faces-behind-the-places\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Stevens Hall\"}]},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/\",\"name\":\"Celebrating 150 Years\",\"description\":\"University of Maine\",\"potentialAction\":[{\"@type\":\"SearchAction\",\"target\":{\"@type\":\"EntryPoint\",\"urlTemplate\":\"https:\\\/\\\/umaine.edu\\\/150\\\/?s={search_term_string}\"},\"query-input\":{\"@type\":\"PropertyValueSpecification\",\"valueRequired\":true,\"valueName\":\"search_term_string\"}}],\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\"}]}<\/script>\n<!-- \/ Yoast SEO plugin. -->","yoast_head_json":{"title":"Stevens Hall - Celebrating 150 Years - University of Maine","robots":{"index":"index","follow":"follow","max-snippet":"max-snippet:-1","max-image-preview":"max-image-preview:large","max-video-preview":"max-video-preview:-1"},"canonical":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/","og_locale":"en_US","og_type":"article","og_title":"Stevens Hall - Celebrating 150 Years - University of Maine","og_description":"View map James Stevens came to the University of Maine, then known as Maine State College, as professor of physics in 1891. Stevens established 91福利’s Department of Electrical Engineering in 1893, became the first dean of the College of Arts and Sciences in 1905, established a course in biblical history literature in 1920, and was […]","og_url":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/","og_site_name":"Celebrating 150 Years","article_modified_time":"2017-04-04T14:33:48+00:00","og_image":[{"width":240,"height":340,"url":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/311\/2015\/08\/Stevens_James.jpg","type":"image\/jpeg"}],"twitter_card":"summary_large_image","schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/","url":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/","name":"Stevens Hall - Celebrating 150 Years - University of Maine","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/#website"},"primaryImageOfPage":{"@id":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/#primaryimage"},"image":{"@id":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/#primaryimage"},"thumbnailUrl":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/311\/2015\/08\/Stevens_James.jpg","datePublished":"2017-03-23T20:21:28+00:00","dateModified":"2017-04-04T14:33:48+00:00","breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/#breadcrumb"},"inLanguage":"en-US","potentialAction":[{"@type":"ReadAction","target":["https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/"]}]},{"@type":"ImageObject","inLanguage":"en-US","@id":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/#primaryimage","url":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/311\/2015\/08\/Stevens_James.jpg","contentUrl":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/311\/2015\/08\/Stevens_James.jpg","width":240,"height":340,"caption":"Stevens_James"},{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/stevens-hall\/#breadcrumb","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/"},{"@type":"ListItem","position":2,"name":"Faces behind the places","item":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/faces-behind-the-places\/"},{"@type":"ListItem","position":3,"name":"Stevens Hall"}]},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/#website","url":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/","name":"Celebrating 150 Years","description":"University of Maine","potentialAction":[{"@type":"SearchAction","target":{"@type":"EntryPoint","urlTemplate":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/?s={search_term_string}"},"query-input":{"@type":"PropertyValueSpecification","valueRequired":true,"valueName":"search_term_string"}}],"inLanguage":"en-US"}]}},"taxonomy_info":[],"featured_image_src_large":false,"author_info":{"display_name":"Amanda Lozier","author_link":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/author\/aparadis\/"},"comment_info":0,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages\/60909","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/page"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/7"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=60909"}],"version-history":[{"count":3,"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages\/60909\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":61200,"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages\/60909\/revisions\/61200"}],"up":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages\/11"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/umaine.edu\/150\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=60909"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}